Friday, May 7, 2010

Design the set for a play











The play that ‘am going to design a set for is The Color Purple. The scene that I’m going to design the set for is the outdoors scene where there is an old plantation house. I would like for that house to be white but I want for it to have paint chipping off all over so it can give you that feel of a southern home. The next thing is that I would like to have old wooden floors on the porch and I want them to be a brown color. On set I would also have an old ivory color rocking chair because all southern homes have rocking chairs. For the rest of my set I would like to have three steps to walk up to, to get on the porch. Also on the windows I would have black window shutters. Then door on the house would be a swing door with mesh on it to keep out the bugs and to also get some air going through the house. There will be a plant hanging from the house just because I think that it will look nice on the set and goes with the feel of an old house down south. On the porch there will be a wooden table where there is a pitcher of lemonade and glasses on the table. By the rocking chair I would like a little foot rest so that you can sit back relax drink some ice cold lemonade on a hot summer day. I enjoy this part of the blog because get give me a feel a little bit of all that goes on into putting a play together, and that it takes a lot of time in work to just come up with ideas to design a set for a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment