Friday, May 7, 2010

Design Costumes for Play













The play that I ‘am designing a costumes for is the The Wiz. The way I will design the costumes is to put a more moderate up to date twist on the characters outfit but still make it so that you know who the character is. The scene that I’m design the costumes for is the one where Dorothy, the scarecrow, the tin man, and the Lion is going down the yellow brick road to see the wiz.

Starting with Dorothy I will still have her in a blue dress but I would like for it to be a little shorter and form fitting to bring out the curves in her body and also so I would like for it to stand out just like her shoes. Now for the shoes I would like for her to have a pair of silver glitter Christian Louboutin Pump so that she can look good going down the yellow brick road.

The scarecrow I would like for him to have on overall but with style. I would like them to be black with one strap hanging on his shoulder. Also I would like for him to have a nice straw hat on his head a tan color one at that. For his shoes since they are going to be doing a lot of walking I would like for him to have on a pair of high top chuck Taylors and a nice light white short sleeves shirt to put on with the overall

The tin man I would like for him to have on one of those silver work out sweat suit so that he can still look cool but u can still get the feel of who he is. The shoes I would like for him to have on a pair of silver converse and his look is complete.

The Lion just like the tin man I would like for him to have on a tan sweat suit for that youthful look some high top tan nikes. Also I would want him to have a tail hanging in the back of his sweat suite and for him to have on like tan gloves for his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment