Friday, May 7, 2010

Design the Lights for a play










The play that I ‘am design the lights for the play is The Wiz, The sconce that I ‘am talking about is when Dorothy the scarecrow, tin man, and lion head to Emerald city to see the Wiz, when they reach emerald city there are a bunch of people dancing around and singing a song that goes with the color theme that shines on emerald city every few minutes. The colors are green, red, and yellow. And every few minutes the Wiz makes an announcement to let the people in emerald city know that this color is dead here is the new color that is going on for the moment. But what I would like to do is to keep those colors but to also add some new colors in there and different design that can shines on the city and show the pattern of the design and have motion lights going on and have a monogram of the wiz face and the word emerald city going on. Also I would have a disco light because the people in Emerald City love to party and have a good time. I would have strobe lights flashing from time to time because once again this is a party town. The other colors that I would like to incorporate are blue because that is a rich and primer color. Also for the Wiz I would have a purple light that comes on because purple is the color of royalty and everybody in Emerald city seem to treat the Wiz as if he is a king. I think that the different element that I have put into this scene of the play was a good choice everything that I have describe goes with that part of the play and you can understand as to why I have choosing the different lights and colors for this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment